There are two ways to move beer from your conical to your unitank. For optimal beer results, we recommend a closed transfer to keg as oxygen can quickly impart off flavors on your finished beer.
- Beer is moved into an open environment, potentially subjected to oxygen.
- Open transfer requires less equipment (no CO2 bottle and manifold.
- Open transfer instructions here.
- Beer is moved into a closed environment, removing subjection to oxygen.
- Few more parts and costs involved with closed transfer.
- Closed transfer instructions here.