How do I oxygenate my beer with the carbonation stone?
Created by: Mike Cymerman
Modified on: Fri, 19 Mar, 2021 at 4:14 PM
To ensure a quick and vigorous fermentation, be sure to add oxygen to your wort before pitching your yeast. We recommend using our carbonation stone to add this oxygen.
- Fill your conical with chilled wort after boiling and chilling.
- Make sure your blow off tube is already attached, emptying into a bucket of sanitizer.
- Attach our carb stone to the racking port of your conical.
- Connect your oxygen tank to the gas post of the carbonation stone.
- Need an oxygen tank/setup? We recommend an oxygen tank, regulator, tubing and a ball lock connector.
- Turn on your oxygen tank and then open your butterfly valve on the racking port.
- Let oxygen diffuse into your beer for 60 seconds.
- Close the butterfly valve.
- Remove the gas line.
- Remove the carb stone for cleaning.
- Pitch your yeast!
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.