Why would I upgrade from a glass carboy to a Flex?
Created by: Mike Cymerman
Modified on: Fri, 19 Mar, 2021 at 4:00 PM
There are many reasons why the Flex is a major upgrade in your fermentation over a glass carboy or plastic fermenter!
- The Flex enables you to minimize oxygen exposure as you can keep the vessel sealed for the life of fermentation, especially when packaging. Oxygen exposure is one of the most common causes of off flavors in brewing.
- The Flex opens up a slew of possibilities not available with a carboy including temperature control, cold crashing, forced carbonation and pressure transfers!
- Unlike glass and plastic, the Flex won't break or scratch!
- Keeping light out when fermenting is very important, and light can't penetrate steel!
- Temperature control becomes a breeze with the Flex+ when teamed with our TC-100 bundle!
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.