No, passivization has become a buzz word as of recently and there's a lot of misinformation regarding it. Stainless steel naturally passivates with oxygen. There is no need to passivate your equipment at home. There are no professional standards that recommend Star-San (Phosphoric Acid) at room temperature to passivate stainless steel. If you do see a small surface rust spot hit it with Bar Keepers Friend and it'll be gone forever. We do recommend a good scrub with dish soap before use to remove any oils from manufacturing and to provide a clean surface for contact with something that will be ingested.

Please see this link for a study done by Outokumpu Stainless showing that stainless passivated in air was almost as effective as passivating with harsh chemicals.