What is the best way to fill your conical with wort?
Created by: Aimee Koehler
Modified on: Fri, 19 Mar, 2021 at 2:27 PM
Prepare to fill:
- Make sure you fermenter and all components are sanitized. This can be done by submerging them in Star San before assembly and/or spraying them down with a squirt bottle.
- Seal up the conical after it is done being sanitized and attach your blow off hose to the 1.5" TC lid port, with the hose feeding into a bucket of sanitizer.
How to fill:
The most sanitary way to fill a conical is through the bottom 2" drain port. We recommend our 2" TC x Barb accessory and a silicone hose coming from your chiller or kettle.
- Open the 2" butterfly valve and start the flow of wort in the bottom drain.
- Verify air is escaping from the blow off hose (if so, you'll see air pushing into your sanitized bucket in the form of bubbles)
- Fill until your boil kettle is empty
- Close the bottom drain port on the fermenter
- Remove the 2" TC x Barb accessory and spray the outside with Star San
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.